Wednesday, January 10, 2018

180 degrees


          Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good evening, whatever timezone you are right now. Greetings and welcome again to my blog. It's been a year since I wrote #collegelife. And now, I'm back at it! (not really a come back lol). Anyway, I just wanna share the thing that until now couldn't ever imagine in my entire life that this thing would be one of an instrument used by God for me to know Him more and grow as an individual and a follower of Him.

My 2017 Journal Devotion Note book 


YES!I never have imagined my life doing the very thing that I hate the most! WRITING! But it became the exact opposite!! Let me share to you how I started my everyday journal devotion with God.


         Back in 2016 as my (new) Church, Dwelling Place Global City Church ,which is a Jesus centered Church, taught me 'bout many things for me to grow my faith in Jesus, about devotion and writing down insights from His word and prayer..  
Moving on, I’m not going to lie. My very first week, month he he and day one was an utter disappointment. I was tremendously excited to start a journal of my own; however, once I sat down to write, not a single word came out. I had no idea where to begin. I had hit a tremendous barrier: what should I write? And at the same time reading the bible is really a struggle. Yaz! Hashtag# Struggle is real! Bc honestly in my past lifestyle I was really not into reads, especially the bible is out of my comfort zone!!: Ang tamad ko po talaga sa ganyan. But as the times goes by, as our Pastors kept reminding us How important doing a devotion in day to day living. And continue to learn about who God is. There's part of me having a desire to know more about the God who does the impossible to possible, doing miracles and upon hearing testimonies after testimonies about greatness and goodness of our God. (Me too gusto ko din maranasan yun, I wanna get to know more about Jesus). My desire to know Him more kept growing and my heart never stop searching. So asides of listening to prechings and attending in a sunday service, etc. So I dragged myself out of my comfort zone (pag gusto maraming paraan) practice Bible reading and do Journal Devotions.

         God gave us the Bible for these important reasons: to tell us who He is and what He has done for us, and also how we should live our lives. This is why God urged His people to make the Bible part of their lives, for Him to strengthen us spiritually (which really is my desire at the very beginning to strength my faith and etc).

         My very first devotion journal notebook was bought at Papemelroti. Then I upgraded into that brown journal notebook which I used the whole year 2017 bought at National Bookstore. And now 2018 I am using Victoria's JounalsBTW I used to write it in tagalog before kasi feeling ko mas maeexpress ko yung sarili ko, even my bible that time 2016 I used tagalog translation. (Tapos kung nababasa to ng Leader ko na si ate Sharon ha ha ha nahihiya po talaga ako dati kasi chini-checked niya yung journal ko pero alam ko namang 'di niya binabasa ha ha hiya lang ako)
TAKE NOTE: Hey! It's a No! No! Attitude huh ha ha. Do not please people, that I really learned in the past. Just please God no matter what. (Kahit mali grammar mo kasi it's between you and God naman. Nakaalalay lang ang mga Church leaders just to monitor you not to pressure you but to help you and push you through knowing Him more) But the good thing that I discovered while journal-ling, reading his words everyday sabi ng Lord sakin "Oh mag english ka naman, sanayin mo na" Ha ha ha. So I decided to step in another level, pa konting susyal ha ha joke. BTW, FYI:  I only used New Living Translation, but since I bought my new bible which I am using now, I know use the NIV and NLT versions at the same time.

  

  
My set of pens, bible (New Internanitonal Version)
& my Journal


First page of my Journal notebook




Bible reading format




(Message, Promises, Command,
Warning and Application) 

Last year, 2017 our church's theme for that year was #UncommonFavor (yes it is!!!) We have new devotion pattern: "Bible Reading" cover to cover. Wow!! Ha ha ha. Three Chapters a day? On my own mind,
with all honesty."Sorry but I can't" T_T But of course it was my flesh saying those words not my conviction.
And until my lamang lupa badly needed every words from this book.

          So I thought I would share with you some of the benefits I have found in a daily Quiet Time with God. Just a few minutes at the beginning of my day to read the Bible and pray.

Power/Strength
“He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:29-31 NLT 
Joy
"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” 
Psalms 16:11 NLt
Fulfillment
Spending time alone with Him fulfills the heart like nothing else can. When you spend time with God early, you can check off the #1 most important thing you could do that day..

Direction in life
Spending time with God enables Him to give you direction when you need it. You are giving God a chance to direct your path.

Success
 “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” Joshua 1:8 NLT 
Peace
“Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:7 NLT  
Answered prayer
““Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!” John 15:5-7 NLT
My advice to a young people, a young professional (like me) or even who is currently reading this--
            Yes at first it so hard to obey God, to abide on Him thru devotions, journal-ling or whatsoever you called it. But God knows your limitations, and He doesn’t condemn you for them or blame you for not doing something you really can’t do! God loves you, and more than anything else He wants you to grow in your love for Him. If you have accepted Christ and committed your life to Him, you’ve already taken the first step in that journey. And if you are unsure of your commitment to Him, take that first step by inviting Him into your heart and life today. Then make it your goal to grow in your relationship with Christ. How do you do that? First, make prayer a part of your life every day. Become part of an active fellowship of believers also, because you need their encouragement and help. Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth” (Psalm 86:11).



God bless!



Stay tuned for my next blog this 2018 :) xo-xo
J E S U S   L O V E S   Y O U  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment